COVID-19 Safety Rules in our Dojo As a COVID-19 secure establishment, we follow strict guidance and protocols, and we follow the latest social distancing rules.
We will continue to monitor Government guidance as and when it is released in an effort to make sure our School continues to be 100% compliant meaning both our students and staff are kept as safe as possible in our classes.
We respectfully ask that everyone works together to keep East West Martial Arts and all its members Safe. If at any time you feel unwell, have a high temperature, a new continuous cough or loss of or change in your normal sense of taste or smell, please do not attend the Academy, but seek medical advice.
We’ve further increased our already exemplary daily cleaning and disinfecting regimes and our training floor Mats are steam cleaned daily before our classes begin.
On entering the Dojo, we may check your skin temperature with a no-contact infrared thermometer and your temperature needs to be between 36.5 to 37.5 degrees, which is the normal temperature range of the human body. If this is exceeded, you will be asked to wait for 10 minutes and then re-checked.
Unfortunately, you will be denied entry if your temperature reading exceeds the upper limit for a second time. We ask that you please respect our team if they ask you to refrain from entering the school and support us in being compliant with the new guidelines. To comply with the latest Government guidelines for being Covid-19 Safe, the following conditions will apply:
- Our class sizes will be reduced at this time to comply with the current 2 metre social distancing safety guidelines.
- There will be a small changes to our class timetable for the start and finish times of each lesson to allow for cleaning between classes, and also to take into account our new social distancing plans to ensure there are no bottlenecks and cross-overs in corridors. There will be a one-way in and one-way-out system in operation; therefore there will be no chairs available.
- Parents will need to drop their children at the door and wait outside the Dojo or in their car, as Government Guideline currently restricts the number of people allowed in the Dojo. To comply with the latest COVID-19 mandatory Government Guidelines, anyone coming into our facility will be required to wear a face mask or face covering.
- All students over 12 years old and all Adults training in our Martial Arts Classes must wear a face mask when entering the Dojo while waiting for their class to start, which can be removed once you go onto the training floor. If you leave the training floor for any reason, your mask must be worn until you return to the training floor or leave the facility at the end of your lesson. Face masks can be worn on the training floor if you would feel more comfortable, as some companies like Adidas and Under Armour have launched face masks which can be worn comfortably during exercise.
- Please ensure you come to class in your Karate uniform as the changing rooms will be out of action. At this time, students can wear socks during their lessons if they or their parents feel more comfortable. Any students who have a health condition that makes them more vulnerable to infections can wear a face mask if required for their class.
- The water dispenser will be out of use and we advise members to bring their own water/drink.
- We are sorry that there will also be no complimentary tea or coffee provided at this time.
- All students attendance in their class is recorded together with the details of anyone who has been into our facility. which is necessary for compliance with the Governments COVID-19 Track & Trace System Guidelines.
Please ensure that East West Martial Arts have your correct contact details, and please update us immediately of any changes to your contact details on 07834 351 112 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use the no touch hand sanitiser provided on entering the Dojo.
- Any queries must be made by Phone or text to 07834 351 112 or Email: email@example.com, but not face to face.
Call East West Martial Arts
07834 351 112
Staying Safe is everyone’s responsibility and we must all play our part, therefore we would ask our members to please observe the following:
If you have any symptoms of Covid-19, YOU MUST NOT ATTEND East West Martial Arts. The list of the main symptoms are:
High temperature-this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature).
New, continuous cough-this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual).
Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste-this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
Hopefully, we can go back to normal in the near future, in the meantime we look forwards to welcoming you back very soon, Stay Fit, Stay Safe.
The East West Team