Reopening for Classes Announcement
We are really pleased to announce that East West Martial Arts will re-open for classes on Monday 17 August for all current members paying by Direct Debit only.
We respectfully ask that once we reopen for classes, that everyone works together to keep East West Martial Arts and its members Safe. If at any time you feel unwell, have a high temperature, a new continuous cough or loss of or change in your normal sense of taste or smell, please do not attend the Academy, but seek medical advice.
We’ve made some changes so that we can reopen and our members can once again enjoy our fantastic martial arts classes with additional safety measures in place. We’ve also further increased our already exemplary cleaning and disinfecting regimes which are combined with regular deep-cleaning.
On entering, we may check your skin temperature with a no-contact infrared thermometer and this needs to be between 36.5 to 37.5 degrees, which is the normal temperature range of the human body . If this is exceeded, you will be asked to wait for 10 minutes and then re-checked. unfortunately, you will be denied entry if your temperature reading exceeds the upper limit for a second time. we ask that you please respect our team if they ask you to refrain from entering the school and support us in being compliant with the new guidelines.
To comply with the Government guidelines for being Covid-19 Safe, the following conditions will apply:
1. All Students will return on a once-per-week programme as class sizes will be reduced to a maximum of 15 students on the training floor at this time to comply with the current 2 metre social distancing safety guidelines.
2. There will be a some small changes to our class timetable for the start and finish times of each lesson, which will take into account our new social distancing plans to ensure there are no bottlenecks and cross-overs in corridors. There will be a one-way in and one-way-out system in operation, therefore there will be no chairs available. This will be subject to continuous review, as we learn what pressures the school faces over the coming weeks and months.
Monday & Wednesday Timetable:
Little Dragons: 5.15-5.40pm
Karate Kidz 1: 5.45-6.20pm
Karate Kidz 2: 6.30-7.05pm
Black Belt Club: 7.15-7.50pm
Tuesday & Thursday Timetable:
Little Dragons: 5.00-5.25pm
Karate Kidz: 5.30-6.05pm
Black Belt Club: 6.15-6.50pm
Karate Kidz 1: 9.00-9.35pm
Little Dragons 1: 9.45-10.10pm
Karate Kidz 2: 10.15-10.50pm
Little Dragons 2: 11.00-11.25am
Karate Kidz 3: 11.30am-12.05pm
Black Belt Club: 12.15-12.50pm
Karate Kidz 4: 1.00-1.35pm (Temporary class only)
3. Parents will need to drop their children at the door and wait outside the Dojo or in their car, as Government Guideline restrict the number of people allowed in the Dojo. For our really young Little Dragons, only one person will be allowed in to accompany them. To comply with the latest COVID-19 mandatory Government Guidelines, anyone coming into our facility will be required to wear a face mask or face covering.
4. From Monday 28 October, all Adults training in our Adult Martial Arts Classes must wear a face mask when entering the Dojo while waiting for their class to start, which can be removed once you go onto the training floor. If you leave the training floor for any reason, your mask must be worn until you return to the training floor or leave the facility at the end of your lesson.
Face masks can be worn on the training floor if you would feel more comfortable, as some companies like Adidas have launched face masks which can be worn comfortably during exercise.
5. Please ensure you come to class in your Karate uniform as the changing rooms will be out of action. At this time, students can wear socks during their lessons if they or their parents feel more comfortable.
Any students who have a health condition that makes them more vulnerable to infections can wear a face mask if required for their class.
6. The water dispenser will be out of use and we advise members to bring their own water/drink.
7. We are sorry that there will also be no complimentary tea or coffee provided at this time.
8. The entrance door will be locked and only those students who we know will be attending classes will be admitted.
9. All students attendance in their class is recorded together with the details of anyone who has been into our facility. which is necessary for compliance with the Governments COVID-19 Track & Trace System Guidelines.
Please ensure that East West Martial Arts have your correct contact details, and update us immediately of of any changes to your contact details on 07834 351112 or Email: email@example.com
10. Please use the no touch hand sanitizer provided on entering the Dojo.
Please pick up your children promptly to ensure the next class can begin on time.
11. All Direct Debit Agreements will increase with effect from the 1st September based on the following once-per-week tuition cost which have not changed since 2018:
(a) One student = £35.00 per-month
(b) Two students = £60.00 per-month
(c) Three students = 75.00 per-month
(d) Four students = £90.00 per-month
12. Online video lessons will finish in August, however you will still be able to access and watch the entire video library.
13. Any queries must be made by Phone or text to 07834 351112 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, but not face to face.
Staying Safe is everyone’s responsibility and we must all play our part, therefore we would ask our members to please observe the following:
If you have any symptoms of Covid-19, YOU MUST NOT ATTEND East West Martial Arts. The list of main symptoms are:
High temperature-this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature).
New, continuous cough-this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual).
Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste-this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
Hopefully, we can go back to normal in the near future, in the meantime we look forwards to welcoming you back very soon, Stay Fit, Stay Safe.
The East West Team